A ductless mini-split system comes with an air conditioner and heater for comfort. The heating and cooling unit is wired to maintain even temperatures even when the weather is extreme. During the winter, you can warm your home effortlessly. When the season switches to summer, the system cools your indoor space as well. There are tons of benefits and perks that come with owning a ductless mini-split system. Let us walk you through how the unit operates.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split System?
As the name implies, a mini-split system features a heat pump and an air conditioner. It contains an indoor unit, an outdoor unit, and a remote control. The three main components work together to heat and cool your residence or business. As for the indoor system, there are several units that we’ll install in different rooms. These units have a remote for controlling temperature settings. The outdoor system is a single unit, and we’ll connect it to the various indoor units within your house.
The remote control has an array of settings to customize indoor comfort for you and your loved ones. You can program the different room temperatures to cool, heat, dry, and auto. It will all depend on the weather and your preferences. The remote control allows you to adjust the direction of the airflow and fan speed, too.
How Does a Mini-Split System Work?
The indoor unit stays within your home or business, while the outdoor unit remains outside. Copper tubing lines connect the indoor unit to the outdoor component. The lines circulate refrigerant present in the two units. For starters, the indoor air handling unit takes in air into your home. The system then transfers the air to the outdoor unit through a series of pipes. The air comes in contact with coils that contain a coolant or refrigerant, turning the liquid into gas.
The system sends the gas into a compressor, where the outdoor unit recycles it back to liquid. The cool air travels to the air handler that emits it into your indoor space. Depending on the temperature in your property, the mini-split system will warm or cool different zones.
The system is free from ductwork, which needs sufficient space to install. Our technicians will install the indoor unit in a place that meets your needs and expectations. Our goal is to offer you the comfort that you deserve. Some of the options include:
- Ceiling suspension
- Mounted flash into drop ceiling
Who Uses Ductless Mini-Split Systems
Ductless heating and cooling systems work for many people since they’re flexible. Residential properties such as condos, houses, and apartments use mini-splits. Commercial properties like stores, hotels, restaurants, and institutions such as churches and schools use these units as well. Multi-family housing may utilize a mini-split to warm and cool separate rooms.
If your heater or air conditioner isn’t working, you can opt for a ductless mini-split system. The unit works for both homeowners and business owners as well. We’ll get you a properly sized unit that will work without straining. The good news is that we can link about eight or more indoor units to a single outdoor unit.
Ductless Mini-Split System Features
A ductless mini-split system comes with features that will benefit you when you purchase one. You don’t have to worry about the quality since we deal with first-rate products at Climate Control. Here are the incredible perks that ductless heating and cooling present:
- Energy efficiency: According to the US Department of Energy, ductless mini-splits conserve 20% to 30% of the power ductwork loses. Your utility bills will reduce as you enjoy greater indoor comfort.
- Integrated zoning: The feature allows you to get total temperature control in each room. You can adjust the settings as per your preference and enjoy your time at home.
- Quiet operation: You don’t have to worry about disruptive noises with a ductless mini-split. It operates quietly, and you can regulate the fan speed as well.
- Flexibility: A ductless mini-split system is easy to install since it just needs a 3-inch hole. We can place the indoor unit on the wall, floor, or ceiling.
- Multi-stage filtration: The unit improves indoor air quality since it has high-end filtration cartridges. The system eliminates air pollutants within your residence or business, too. The cartridges are easy to clean or replace, and they will function correctly for a long time.
At Climate Control in Portland, we’re committed to meeting our customers’ heating and cooling needs. A ductless mini-split system can do both upon installation. We also offer heating and cooling repairs and maintenance in the area. Contact us today for more information.